The fishing system is NOT intended to be a perfect replica of fishing in the real world. It is supposed to approximate fishing in an enjoyable manner. A player could spend 10 minutes here or there fishing, or could spend hours on end. However, a character won't be able to reap huge rewards in experience or gold even if he / she spends weeks on end fishing. The Sword Coast economy doesn't revolve around adventurer-fishermen.
- Freshwater and saltwater fishing available.
- 24 fish types to be caught -- 12 freshwater and 12 saltwater.
- Environmental conditions, player qualities and fishing location can affect the catch chance and outcome.
- Small XP awards for catching a rare fish.
- Chance of catching a "prized" specimen (larger than usual).
- Custom special effect for the cast, custom icons, custom equippable fishing rod.
- Variable cast times and cast locations.
- Text and visual feedback during a cast.
- Stackable bait and stackable fish -- 10 per stack.
- Fishing line and hook to be used on your fishing rod if your line snaps.
Chances of a Catch:
- Every 3 ranks in survival +1% chance.
- Rain gives +10%
- dusk/dawn gives a +5%
- A "good" spot gives +5% (though this is sort of random for salt water. Reeds/rocks etc are good for freshwater. There are less "good" spot's than "average" ones.
Implemented through the hard work of IamDeathComeForYou, Luna and the Quality Control testing crew!